This is an event plugin for popular open source Q&A platform, Question2Answer. It allows you to select ‘tag synonyms’ – unwanted or duplicate tags that should be changed or removed.
For example if you had websites as a tag, some users may tag a question with website instead. With this plugin you can set website to always be changed to websites when a user enters it.
Installation & Usage
- Download and extract the files to a subfolder such as tagging-tools inside the qa-plugins folder of your Q2A installation. Since the Github repo is updated regularly, a stable versioned package is also provided, e.g. Q2A-Tagging-Tools-1.5.zip
- If your site is a different language from English, copy qa-tt-lang-default.php to the required language code (e.g. qa-tt-lang-de.php for German) and edit the phrases for your language.
- Log in to your Q2A site as a Super Administrator and head to Admin > Plugins.
- Under “Tagging Tools”, enter each pair of tags on a new line, separated by a comma. For example, q2a,question2answer (without quotes) means that a tag of q2a will be replaced by question2answer, while help on its own line means that tag will be removed.
- Click the button to save changes. All future questions will replace your chosen tag synonyms.
- If you have existing mistagged questions, tick the checkbox to replace all tags in older questions with your synonyms. WARNING: if you have a lot of questions on your site, converting all the old questions will take a long time. Version 1.5 now uses AJAX to edit a few posts at a time, however, it may still cause high MySQL and Apache CPU usage. It’s recommended that you add tag synonyms a handful at a time to avoid too much overhead.