Everyone is interested to know the performance of latest version 1.8.0 Beta1 of Q2A. How much time taken to load each page, questions, user pages etc. Less time taken by database queries can help to load site faster and can be served to more users. It means same size server can handle more users if Q2A is faster.
Server Config Used for Testing
- Server Type: Amazon AWS Cloud server
- No of CPU: 1
- RAM: 1GB
- Disk Type: SSD
- PHP: v7.0.25
- MySql: v5.6.38
Q2A Site Setup
- Site tested on desktop
- Database with same question/answers are used for Q2A v1.8.0 beta1 and v1.7.5
- Default theme used for both site was Snow
- Plugins enabled:
- Enabled QA_DEBUG_PERFORMANCE in qa-config.php, which show performance data at the end of page.
- Chrome browser used for loading test Q2A site.
- Test site was not https
- Only one Q2A test site was active on this server while testing.
- Rebooted the server.
- Loaded test site and went through each page.
- Noted the performance time.
- Repeated above two steps 5 time
- Taken average of the times and listed in below table.
- Again rebooted server for another q2a site testing.
|Page Request||v1.8.0 Beta1|
|Time(ms) / RAM(kb)||Time(ms) / RAM(kb)|
|Recent questions and answers|
|35.9 / 2222||43.28 / 1962|
(All Activity Tab)
|25.1 / 2230||32.52 / 1968|
|Recent questions without answers|
|18.86 / 2209||25.26 / 1951|
|19.3 / 2216||25.48 / 1961|
|19.22 / 2215||25.38 / 1961|
|Highest voted questions|
|18.98 / 2213||25.16 / 1960|
|Most answered questions|
|19.04 / 2215||25.32 / 1962|
|Most viewed questions|
|19.16 / 2216||25.34 / 1962|
|Top scoring users|
|17 / 1983||22.54 / 1810|
|Random user profile||22.02 / 1964||26.8 / 1798|
|Most popular tags||17.28 / 1872||22.28 / 1710|
|Ask a question||17.98 / 1928||23.6 / 1767|
|Question with 22 answers||30.46 / 2907||42.32 / 2633|
|Question with no answers||21.3 / 2169||27.98 / 1971|
*Filesystem cache driver was enabled in v1.8.0 beta1, there is no cache feature in Q2A v1.7.5
Q2A v1.8.0 Beta1 is much faster(20-30%) than v1.7.5. MySql queries taking less time and PHP also taking less time to execute. RAM required for v1.8.0 Beta1 is little more than v1.7.5 but few kb memory should not matter when you run on good server.
Let me know if you want to me to check any other thing for the performance. What do you think about Q2A v1.8.0 Beta1 performance? share your views in comment.