There are many web hosting providers who can provide FREE hosting but it may not be reliable for production website. We recommend to go with reliable paid service which you can afford. Here are options for shared hosting as well as for dedicated server.
Many accounts will be hosted on same server, your sites performance depends on the server load.
Per month cost may be around $4 to $10, here are some reliable shared hosting providers.
- Bluehost ($3.95/month) – We used, recommended
- HostGator ($2.75/month) – We used, recommended
- Just Host ($3.95/month)
- Fast Domain ($6.99/month)
- iPower Hosting
Cloud or Dedicated Server Hosting
On dedicated server you will not face issue for site performance. Amazon AWS offers FREE 1GB/1CPU server instance for 1 year. Dedicated cloud sever cost per month can be $6+ onward(for 1GB/1CPU), it can go up depending on server instance size.
Here are some reliable cloud and dedicated server hosting providers.
- Rackspace (around $20/month) (Question2Answer.org and this site is hosted on Rackspace server)
- Amazon AWS (around $10/month)
- Digital Ocean (around $5/month)
- Liquid Web ($59/month)
- Bluehost VPS ($19.99/month)
- Bluehost Cloud Hosting ($6.95/month)
- Bluehost Dedicated Server ($79.99/month)
Also check Cloudlook which can help you to evaluate some popular cloud hosting providers.
If you want to register domain then go with Namecheap, they do have hassle free registration.